Thursday, February 4, 2010

2-3-10

My second day at the KC Ballet was just as fun and eventful as the first. I was able to make a couple social media posts - 2 on each Twitter and Facebook. Check them out at:

Twitter - kcballet
Facebook- Kansas City Ballet Fan Page


After the two media posts, I attended a meeting with the whole staff of the ballet. It was nice to get a clear picture of how the whole organization works as a whole and to see how each department relates to another and makes it understandable why we learn about departments that may not be directly related to us. I haven't really spoken out at meetings yet, so my goal is to become more accompanied and comfortable and be able to give input from my standpoint. I eventually feel I will get to this stage after I have been around for a few weeks.
After the meeting, I was able to watch the dancers rehearse with a special guest, Judith Fugate, to an upcoming performance as well as take pictures of this as well. I used this as my second post on FB & Twitter and they received a few good "likes" and posts.

After lunch, we met with the media person that writes press releases and decides what materials are sent out and discussed the winter marketing/PR plan. Some of the ideas were great and will be interesting to work on as well as see implemented.

At the end of the day I was able to create a poster for the upcoming Ballet Ball to hang for school parents to see and request to attend. Although it wasn't exactly planning of marketing, it was a small part of the promotion of an event.

Another great day and I look forward to a fabulous semester with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment